Congratulations to Will and Kate! To celebrate the event on everyone’s lips – some royal-themed ESL resources.
- VOANews.com – Voice of America’s ESL page has a good intermediate listening/reading, Royal Wedding Draws a Worldwide Crowd.
- FamousPeopleLessons.com – very brief biographical sketch of Kate and William incorporates some details about the wedding itself, with listening and vocab activities. The same site has similar materials for Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth II.
- BreakingNewsEnglish.com – some good intermediate/advanced material on topics such as 1.900 Royal Wedding Invitations Sent, and more recently Royal Wedding Likely to Hurt UK Economy; they include downloadable audio and pdf files and comprehension/discussion activities.
- ChrisSpeck.wordpress.com – short PPT with royal pics and a few discussion questions.
- MichelleHenry.fr – links to tons of information and pictures about the couple and the wedding
- OneStopEnglish.com – a wedding planning lesson (not specifically royal, but could easily be adapted) that practices modals
- TeachingEnglish.org.uk – family member vocab (e.g. mother-in-law, brother) with a quiz about the royal family