TESL Ontario recently released more information about their Post-TESL Certificate Training (PTCT) program. The goal of PTCT is to provide professional development courses in specific topics to experienced ESL instructors. The courses will be delivered by various educational organizations that have been vetted by TESL Ontario.
So far, five providers have been approved to deliver courses, and two have published details on their websites:
- Advanced Pedagogical Grammar, Canadian College of Educators
- Developing e-Materials for Language Training (also known as LearnIT2teach, Stage 4), New Media Language Training Inc.
- Professional Development Partner Training, Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Language Training for Employment, Humber College
- Higher Level Language Training for Internationally Trained Professionals and Skilled Workers at Stage II/III (CLB 8-10), Algonquin College
People who work in programs funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada can apply to have their tuition reimbursed, though there appears to be a limit to the number of reimbursements available.