- YOU & US
- Conferences & Events
- Be a Sponsor
Tune up your job search!
Join TESL Toronto as we get keyed up about shameless employment self-promotion.
At Pitch Perfect you’ll not only learn to hit all the right notes in describing what you do, and what you offer to employers, you’ll also get a chance to knock that pitch right out of the park in our Field of Dreams.
Perfect your pitch!
First, join Katina Deichsel, a renowned and dynamic Speed Networking Trainer, for a brief seminar on crafting the perfect Elevator Pitch. With 13 years of experience, she has a keen awareness of the issues faced by newcomers who are in the process of attempting to obtain meaningful, sustainable employment in their fields of expertise. This has translated into the development of an intensive 140-hour program focused on developing the participants’ interviewing, networking, and presentation skills to help them land (and keep!) their dream jobs.
Meet the employers in the Field of Dreams a.k.a. Job Fair!
Following the seminar, take your turn to shine during our Field of Dreams Job Fair and Networking Event. Hiring decision makers and language career professionals across the field of English Language Teaching will be there to speak with you about current and upcoming employment opportunities, hiring processes, and how to land a job.
Here’s the list of our participating organizations*.
- ACCES Employment
- CCLCS (Canadian Centre for Language & Cultural Studies)
- Centennial College
- EC Toronto
- English School of Canada
- George Brown College
- Global Village Toronto
- Golden Voice Online Education
- Humber College
- IELTS, George Brown College
- ILAC (International Language Academy of Canada)
- Parliament Employment Services, Centre for Education & Training
- Seneca College
- Toronto District School Board
*Programming subject to change.
Location: Eastminster United Church Auditorium
Affiliate Chapter of
Founded in 1976, TESL Toronto is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization representing educators and specialists in the fields of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
Our Mandate is
• to support professional development for teachers of English as a Second Language in Toronto, and
• to work with other regional affiliates and TESL Ontario to enhance ESL learning environments, and
• to establish and promote standards in ESL education.
- The TESL Toronto Executive is made up of members in good standing of TESL Ontario who volunteer their time and energy. TESL Toronto always encourages applications for new members of our Executive. More...
We represent approximately 1,600 members. Our members are mainly ELT (ESL, EAP, ESP, OSLT) instructors, though anyone with an interest in the field can join. More...
Post by Month Archive