- YOU & US
- Conferences & Events
- Be a Sponsor
TESL Toronto Professional Development Bursary Fund
Recognizing that conference fees can be a financial burden for some of our members, TESL Toronto has established its TESL Toronto Professional Development Bursary Fund. The bursary is open for application twice per year. In the fall, bursaries cover the costs of a 1-day pass to the TESL Ontario conference (in October/November). In the spring, bursaries cover a 1-day pass to the TESL Toronto Spring Conference (TOSCON) in May.
If you are a TESL Toronto member in good standing, you are eligible to apply, with the exception of current members of the TESL Toronto Executive. NOTE: The bursary IS NOT for anyone wishing to apply for the TESL Ontario Conference Assistance Program. Please contact TESL Ontario directly for that application.
1. All eligible applicants who apply by the stated deadline will be considered.
2. If there are more applicants than bursaries available, priority will be given to those who:
- have contributed to TESL Toronto in the past (e.g. volunteering at conferences), and
- have not previously been awarded a Professional Development Bursary from TESL Toronto.
3. In the event that the number of remaining applicants exceeds the number of bursaries available, the recipients will be drawn by lottery.
Congratulations to the 2016 recipients.
Affiliate Chapter of
Founded in 1976, TESL Toronto is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization representing educators and specialists in the fields of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
Our Mandate is
• to support professional development for teachers of English as a Second Language in Toronto, and
• to work with other regional affiliates and TESL Ontario to enhance ESL learning environments, and
• to establish and promote standards in ESL education.
- The TESL Toronto Executive is made up of members in good standing of TESL Ontario who volunteer their time and energy. TESL Toronto always encourages applications for new members of our Executive. More...
We represent approximately 1,600 members. Our members are mainly ELT (ESL, EAP, ESP, OSLT) instructors, though anyone with an interest in the field can join. More...
Post by Month Archive