- YOU & US
The next event on our calendar is our 2nd joint web conference with the good folks of the Belgian English Language Teachers Association (belta). The theme is on assessment in language teaching, be it exam prep, assignments, or evaluations of any sort.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
We’re currently seeking potential speakers among you who have something to say on this much-discussed topic. Sessions could include any of the following:
* an assessment idea you use in class;
* practical ideas related to formative assessment;
* practical ideas related to summative assessment;
* best practices related to performance-based/communicative assessment activities;
* exam preparation activities;
* other ideas related to assessment in ELT.
The deadline to submit a proposal is July 7! First time speakers are always welcome to submit!
Our spring conference is now ready for everyone! Registration is now open. Please click on the graphic to go to the conference website where you will be able to learn more about TOSCON15, read through the programme to see all sessions (and other lovely info) and of course, REGISTER! Don’t wait too long. Friday will sell out.
It’s that time of year again. We’re looking for new members to join the TESL Toronto Executive for the 2015-16 season. If you’re interested in professional development, collaborating on language teaching industry projects, and feel you could bring specialties to group, please apply by May 31, 2015.
Together let’s strengthen and celebrate our community.
Click here for more info and apply at the bottom of the post.
Founded in 1976, TESL Toronto is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization representing educators and specialists in the fields of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
Our Mandate is
• to support professional development for teachers of English as a Second Language in Toronto, and
• to work with other regional affiliates and TESL Ontario to enhance ESL learning environments, and
• to establish and promote standards in ESL education.
- The TESL Toronto Executive is made up of members in good standing of TESL Ontario who volunteer their time and energy. TESL Toronto always encourages applications for new members of our Executive. More...
We represent approximately 1,600 members. Our members are mainly ELT (ESL, EAP, ESP, OSLT) instructors, though anyone with an interest in the field can join. More...
Post by Month Archive